‘You are among the courageous individuals changing people’s hearts and minds through the power of example,’President Barack Obama, in his letter to Maria Munir
I am privileged to have been recognised for my human rights and campaigning work.
- L’Ordre des Avocats de Paris 2018 – La Médaille du Barreau
- For my contribution to human rights, recognising me as an honorary lawyer.
- BBC 100 Women ‘Girls’ Champions’ 2016-17
- In recognition of my gender-inclusive campaigns.
- Liberty ‘Christine Jackson Award’ 2016 – Shortlisted
- For my campaign to reform the Civil Service and challenge President Obama on trans inclusion.
- University of York ‘Contribution to Diversity’ 2015 – Highly Commended
- For my work as Alcuin College’s BME Welfare Officer and my campaign to increase understanding of BME issues.
Invitations to Conferences
- InterLaw Diversity Forum’s Student Lab 2019
- Hand-picked by the founder, opportunity to hear from lawyers working at Netflix, Google, Apple, Cooley, Maitland Chambers and more, and benefit from bespoke workshops.
- LGBT Leaders 2019
- Selected by competitive application for a day of talks and workshops.
- Global Positive Forum 2017, Paris
- Invited by President Macron of France to contribute ideas for global change.
- Campaign Bootcamp 2017 – MailChimp Scholarship
- Awarded a full scholarship for a week of campaigns and strategy training.
- Hope Not Hate 2016
- Chosen for free training on community organising.
- Elevation Network Student Leadership Development Programme 2015
- Competitively selected for training on developing social action projects.