I have a great depth of knowledge when it comes to social media, online media, print media, and also broadcast media.
Here are some examples of the work I have done:
- Words for The Telegraph and Huffington Post
- Featured in a letter to the Sunday Times from a group of prominent Muslim women and activists calling out toxic masculinity in extremists.
- Raised awareness of non-binary issues and inequalities in US and UK
- Appearances on BBC News, Channel 4 (with Krishnan Guru-Murthy), Sky, ITV, BBC World Service and more.
- Radio chats with BBC York, BBC Asian Network, London Live, BBC Three Counties, LBC, and more.
- Featured in articles from across the world, including Buzzfeed, the Telegraph, CNN, and more.
- Named one of Buzzfeed’s most inspiring LGBT Brits.
- Fixers UK Campaign
- Raised awareness of facial palsy through ITV Calendar, ITV Tynes Tees, BBC Three Counties Radio, The Yorkshire Times, York Press, The Watford Observer, York Vision, Nouse, The Star, The Harrogate Advertiser, Heart Radio, and Facial Palsy UK.
- Created a poster campaign which is to be displayed in Unity Health surgeries in York, with a view to negotiating further places for display.
- Success led to being a keynote speaker at a paediatrics conference at the Royal Society of Medicine, London.
- Facial Palsy UK Campaign
- Nouse – Deputy Comment Editor
- Have received thorough media law training from David Banks, including how to avoid or deal with libel.
- Used InDesign, PhotoShop, and Apple Macs to get our brilliant content laid up for print, with 3 editions per term.
- Efficient with WordPress, our website provider, with experience of scheduling posts, subediting content, and recruiting contributors.
- Contributed to the Comment section, Politics, and News.
- Illustrate columns and articles with cartoons, e.g. Business, Comment.
- Contributor on BBC3 Free Speech
- Asked questions at a Conservative Party Panel, even correcting the panellist for misinformation.
- Black Minority Ethnic Officer at Alcuin College, University of York
- Created and updated the Facebook page (since changed hands), as there was no existing network for BME students in Alcuin College.
- Posters and Facebook events helped draw more crowds than ever to our events.
- Creative Writing